"Our mission is to provide positive catalytic impulses to every CHILD to stretch his inherent learning competencies through a self discovery process."
At Venkateshwar International School, the uniqueness of each child is recognized, nurtured and treasured. Emphasis is on LEARNING and not on teaching.
Education is a complete process that leads to the attainment of the full potential of the child. Our endeavor is to equip our students with life-skills to face the real world - be it planning, organizing, deciding, questioning, reasoning, analyzing, team-building, communicating effectively or dealing with challenges confidently.
Our focus is to develop our students as global citizens, with tolerance, respect and appreciation of diverse cultures and religions for a life-time learning experience. They should be self-motivated, independent, confident decision makers to take up a leadership roles in future.
At V.I.S, we arm our students with technological supremacy and help them integrate it with values, morals and our cultural legacy. The school curriculum has been painstakingly planned on scientific guidelines to provide students with intellectual stimulation, physical robustness, social adaptability, emotional independence and leadership qualities. It is our endeavor to establish a quality – conscious school where……
• Excellence is driven by values,
• Success is strengthened by ethics and
• Modernity is fortified by tradition.
We at VIS provide holistic education where children evolve as individuals who are self-motivated and creative, who can think, question and reason out logically; who are independent, confident and leaders capable of taking decisions.
Founder Principal's Profile
• M.Sc. - Gold Medalist (Kurukshetra University, 1983)
• B.Ed. – Gold Medalist (C.I.E, Delhi University, 1987)
• Founder Principal of Venkateshwar International School since its inception in 2001.
• More than 36 years of rich teaching and administrative experience.
• Worked in reputed schools like Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi Public School, Ghaziabad, Mother’s International School etc. as Vice Principal /Senior Biology Teacher.
• Worked in Birmingham (U.K) for one year as an Overseas Trained Teacher.
• Authored 11 books for Secondary, Primary and Pre-Primary books with HarAnand Publications, Mac Millan and Goyal Prakashan.
• Internationalized the school curriculum by integrating innovative teaching strategies after visiting schools in England, Wales, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands, Spain and Finland on Teacher-Exchange Programs.
• On Panel with IP University, Delhi University and Amity University as a Guest Lecturer for training B.Ed. students.
• On panel with CBSE as a Resource Person/Master Trainer/Observer
• CTET Paper Setter for CBSE (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)
• Former National Level Player of Volley Ball, having captained Delhi Volley Ball team thrice in nine Nationals.
• Received numerous awards in the field of Education.
• Achieved the rare distinction of being awarded by the Prime Minister of India, Vice President of India and President of India.
Personal Awards / Honors / Prizes
- The most coveted CBSE Teacher Award 2011 given by Minister of Human Resource Development, Dr. D. Purandeswari on Sept. 4, 2012
- The Institute of Economic Studies awarded Leadership Innovation Excellence Award, 2017 and Gold Medal given by Mr. Manoj Tiwari.
- The Women Economic Forum awarded "Exceptional Women of Excellence Award, 2018" for the stellar contribution in the field of Education.
- Guru Drona Award 2018 awarded by SRM University, Sonepat in association with Action Committee for Unaided Private Schools
- Awarded with the Best Educationist Award for 2014-15 by Science Olympiad Foundation.
- The Friendship Forum has awarded her the Best Personalities of India, 2015.
- UEM Lamp of Knowledge given by Hon’ble Governor of Chhattisgarh - Sri Shekhar Dutt organized by University of Engineering & Management and WEBCON Govt. of Bengal.
- The Remarkable Principal Award by former Chief Minister of Delhi – Smt. Sheila Dixit.
- The Torch Bearer of Dwarka Award by former Minister of Information and Broadcasting Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Bharat Excellence Award given by The Election Commissioner of India, Mr. GVG Krishnamurthy
- Best Student Award by The Prime Minister of India – Late Rajiv Gandhi in B.Ed at C.I.E., Delhi University.
- Best Candidate and Best Teacher Award in B.Ed, Delhi University by The Vice President of India – Late R. Venkataraman.
- Winner of All India Dance Competition by The President of India – Late Dr. Zakir Hussain.
Awards to V.I.S. under the Leadership of Mrs. Mrinalini Kaura
• Brainfeed School Excellence Award- 2018 in the category of Best Innovative Practices.
• “Excellence in School Leadership Award” in the North Zone School Merit Award, 2018 by Education Today
• Our budding scientists - Project SHVAASK clinch the top position in CBSE National Science Fair Exhibition 2018-19.
• VIS ranked 2nd in West Delhi Leaders by Times Ranking in September 2018
• The Education World Magazine ranked VIS-10 Dwarka
8th in Delhi
12th in NCR and
18th in the Country, in their Sept., 2018 issue.
Also in its Elite Ranking V.I.S. was ranked 22nd in India in Academic Proficiency.
• VIS received Grant of Rs. 20 lakh from Niti Ayog for establishing Atal Tinkering Lab in the year 2017
• VIS ranked No. 2 in India in the Education World Grand Jury Award, 2017
• Skill Centric School Education Award awarded at National Skill Dev. Summit at IIC, 2017
• Ranked No. 1 in India in Top CBSE Parameter for Co-curricular Activity, 2017 by Education Today
• CBSE Sports Promotion Award 2013-14
• Green Rating given by CBSE under National School Sanitation Initiative in collaboration with Ministry of HRD.
• The Swami Vivekananda School of Excellence Award by CBSE Chairman, Sh. Vineet Joshi for excellent work done to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
• National School Sanitation Award by Sri M. M. Pallam Raju, Honorable Minister of Human Resource Development.
• Sh. Harish Rawat, Honorable Minister for Water Resources and Dr. Nagesh Kukunoor, a noted filmmaker of the movie Iqbal fame felicitated students of VIS Sector 10 for creating an inspirational song under the Aqua Drive Initiative.